Sunday, February 19, 2017

Glitter Belly Snowmen

WE LOVE GLITTER! 

I absolutely love glitter and am not afraid to use it in the classroom. This week we read so many stories about snowmen and winter that I thought it was fitting to make snowmen as our craft! I purchased the pieces for the snowmen on Teacher Pay Teachers, then added the glitter belly idea myself. You can purchase the pieces for this snowman HERE

First I let the kids pick out paper colors for the hat, gloves, and boots. Then I only copied the colors that they wanted. 

Second the kids had to practice their cutting skills and cut out all the pieces. I cut out the star and the carrot nose because those two pieces were going to be difficult for them. 

Third the students drew the face, and glued all of the pieces onto the white paper plates. I made the glitter bellies ahead of time, because that was not something they could do. 

Then we hung them outside of our classroom for everyone to enjoy! I love how they turned out! 



How To Make The Glitter Bellies
First Cut 2 pieces of contact paper. Make sure they are the same size. 
 Next, peel one piece of the contact paper and put some glitter in a circle in the middle. Peel the second piece of contact paper and put it directly on top of the glitter. This will seal in the glitter. 
 Cut a circle in the middle of a paper plate. I have a circle cutter, but you can simply use scissors. 
 Glue the two pieces of contact paper in the plate. 
 Cut off the extra contact paper so that none is over the edge of the plate. 
 I used hot glue, but I am sure any type of glue will work. Put some glue around the edges and put another plate directly on top. 

 Flip the plate over and you have a glitter belly! The glitter is sealed in and does not shed all over the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment