Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Unit

At the end of the school year I love doing our unit on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Everyday we read from the book and the students work on activities that follow along with the chapters. As I am reading I have my wax warmer on and our room smells like CHOCOLATE! Thank you to Yankee Candle for having a chocolate cake wax! The first day I had the warmer on the kiddos could not figure out why they could smell chocolate while I was reading. Once they figured out that I had the scent in our classroom on purpose one of the students said, " Did you want us to experience what Charlie experiences everyday? We can smell the chocolate, but we can't have any of it!" 
That is not what I was originally thinking, but it was an awesome thought! 

During this unit I put many of the activities into a packet and I allow the students to decorate the cover. This allows them to be creative and show me what they are picturing as I am reading. Some of the covers are well thought out and you can tell they are truly taking pride in making their cover their own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment